Skip to main content

Hotel Room Review: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel

Beautiful Ocean View in Comfortable Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, Room 3112

Revised 4/2021

Dear Polite Traveler,

I thought I knew the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel inside out, up, down and front to back, but I learned a few new facts on our second visit.  (Please read my first review) The things I adore are still the same.  One of those “things” was our room, which was upgraded due to our Hilton Honors membership.  The room was spacious, beds comfortable and the view is to drool over.  However, there is much, much more though.

Please read my recent “review” post on this hotel.

Note: Follow CDC and county guidelines when visiting.  Always wear your face mask when in public.  

Beds in Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, Room 3112

Comfy Room Details

I found the room squeaky clean, décor bright and welcoming, and the furniture comfortable.  In fact, the bed was so comfortable, I slept with our slider open all night, even with city racket, which included a good deal of construction noise.  (This area tends to be in a constant state of heavy-duty construction.)

The same as last visit, we had a large flat-screen television, refrigerator, coffee maker, and lanai.  What was new, is that each room now has an electric tea kettle.  Woo-hoo!  I love these, as I drink tea all day. 

This is News to Me!

Now this was a surprise.  I was disappointed by the absence of a microwave.  After all, this room is supposed to be an “executive room.”  In my mind, “executive” translates to “there should be a microwave in the room.”  I know, silly.  But, that’s me.  So, if you feel the same and want one, simply ask.  One will be delivered.  Cool, huh?

New as well, is something I learned about M.A.C. 24/7, but you’ll have to read my review on this post to find out more.

Please read my full restaurant review. 

Please read my hubby’s “Honolulu” reviews on TripAdvisor

Please share your experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa Review

Art, Excellent Service & Penguins...Oh My My Dear Polite Travelers, Maui has experienced some horrific natural disasters, including a devastating fire and, more recently, torrential rain that caused severe flooding.  However, none of that was visible during my last visit.  The Hyatt Regency Maui Resort is a huge, richly landscaped, multi-building beauty.  It includes a 40-acre oceanfront lagoon and a waterslide into a children’s splashpad.  However, I saw many more adults enjoying the splashpad than children.  It did look inviting.   Directly adjacent to the lobby is a penguin den.  Guests are invited to watch a daily penguin presentation.  I enjoyed watching them play.  They are quite adorable.     Dining & Shopping In the main building, you’ll find multiple shops, including a gallery filled with unique and quite excellent art.  My favorite shop was actually Honolulu Coffee .  As a family-owned,...

Venue Review: Hilton Hawaiian Village

Unexpected Upgrade at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Revised 4/2021 Dear Polite Traveler, For our most recent visit to the “Gathering Place”, better known as Oahu, we decided to split our ten-day stay between two excellent Hilton properties: Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel ( review ) and Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel.   During our stay at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, I thought it couldn’t get any better.  We enjoyed our stay immensely.  Nevertheless, Hilton surprised us once more. Note : Follow CDC and county guidelines when visiting.  Always wear your face mask when in public.   We’re upgraded to where? Yep, because we are Hilton Honors members, we were upgraded again to...wait for it…the Ali’i Tower!  Breathe, breathe.  Amazing upgrade.  Here’s a bit of the background about this excellent upgrade.  Earlier this year, my husband noticed an unbelievable half-price deal on suites at the...

A Few Days in Palm Springs

Palm Springs Activities Hello, my Polite Travelers, As an older couple, we often just want to relax and enjoy our favorite places at a leisurely pace. This was the case during our recent revisit to Palm Springs. For the most part, we explored downtown, stopping for coffee and chatting with the locals. Additionally, we embarked on a few other excellent adventures. Agua Caliente Cultural Museum As a Smithsonian Affiliate, I found this museum to be outstanding.  This museum is a mixture of immersive video, sound, and visuals (including lifelike exhibits) to tell the story of America’s rich—and many times heart-wrenching—indigenous story.  The permanent gallery begins with the 360-degree immersive video of the Agua Caliente “Creation & Migration” story.  The quality of their digital animation and sound is impressive—there’s even a screen on the floor.  I found their creation story to be fascinating. Don’t Miss! For the Love of Art! Don’t Miss The Palm Springs Art M...